<  |  Home  |  >

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
I love my Tivo

So, I finally plop myself down on the couch last night after a some late-night blogging, to watch some Daily Show or whatnot and get some knitting done. I turn on my Tivo to check what I've got to watch and I am greeted with a big blue screen. Sigh. This usually means that my network cable has come unplugged or some such irritation, but THIS TIME it was a notice about a wonderful new Tivo update that I had just received. Turns out I now have the ability to listen to podcasts directly through my Tivo. Don't have to download through the computer or anything -- just type in the feed url and it plays. Woooo-hoo! Now I can be all comfy on my couch while I listen to Cast On and Knitcast. Yay, for Tivo. What a GREAT product. Love those surprise updates.

OK, enough with the product endorsements. I have been making slow but steady progress on my Log Cabin Socks. Here is the finished one. I just finished the heel flap of the second. Progress is slow on the second because I haven't been paying attention, and thus have to keep ripping out rows where I have knit too far (on the ankle and again on the heel). Anyway, the end is in sight.

Here's a shot of back of the ankle and the heel. These socks are so thick they practically stand up by themselves. But I think the cabling down the back is very cool. Can't wait to wear these. I'm sure they will be super warm.

By the way, I just joined Team Boston for the Knitting Olympics. Check it out if you live within 1 hour of Boston and are participating in The Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics.
I had better step up my training program though. Look what other team members are doing to prepare for the event. Go team!

Leave a Comment 4 comments:

MelissaKnits said...

vas ist ein "podcast".? I, the Techno-Dunce wish to know. The use of the word 'pod' here indicates that some sort of iPod type thing is required. We still have not acquired one, although we thought about it for Gene at work (he uses an old-fashioned discman instead)

What yarn? I think I need to make a pair of these suckers. They seem to be quite the thing lately!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I am a little upset that my hat is still under "potential projects" and has not worked its way to the "backlogged projects" list.
Also amused and slightly amazed at your level of obsessiveness. I had not realized it had gotten so bad(?) :)
-your non-knitting sister, Kristin

Prachi said...

hi, i surfed to your site via the knitting blogs ring, which i just joined. love your socks! is it your own pattern? what yarn are you using?

Persnickety Knitter said...

These socks are the Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays. I'm knitting them in Rowan Cork. I will post more details about them soon.