<  |  Home  |  >

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
A Busy June

As you may have noticed, this blog has been rather quiet lately. June is one of the busiest months for me. All four of the people in this household have birthdays within the 30-day period from June 3 - July 3, plus there have been multitudinous other events to prepare for such as:

  • Father's Day,


  • a ballet recital,
  • click for bigger pictureCan you tell that Daughter#1 has had a growth spurt recently?


  • a piano & voice recital,
  • Daughter#2 playing something from the Magic Flute

    Daughter#2 singing The Rainbow Connection

    Daughter#1 playing . . . ummmm (bad Mommy can't remember)

    Daughter#1 singing The Candy Man (note the candy-themed outfit, with candy necklaces adorning her various body parts -- her idea)


  • two graduation parties,
  • Half-brother#1 (I only have 1 of these, but I figured he should get a number just like everyone else) swinging at a giant smiley face piƱata at Niece#1's party.


  • many, many softball games,
  • Daughter#1 pitching

    Daughter#1 at bat

    Daughter#2 hitting the ball

    Daughter#2 ready to run home


  • a mini-vacation (more on that in another post),


  • plus all the usual crapola (trying to finish up homeschool lessons, trying to find time for work, etc).

Anyway, I've been busy. But I have gotten some knitting done. I've got a pile of completed projects to blog about. (OK, it's a small pile, but I feel good about it.) Here is the first on the list -- the Graduation Socks.



click for bigger picture

Pattern:
No pattern, just basic stockinette socks
Yarn:
Zitron Trekking XXL [75% wool, 25% nylon],
color: 109 (variegated purple)
Needles:
ankles done on 2.5mm, heel & foot done on 2.0mm, top of foot done on 2.25mm & 2.0mm. (Yeah, I like to make good use of my needle collection.)
Gauge:
8.5 - 9.5 sts/inch
Comments:
I made these socks as a graduation present for Niece #1, aka Oh, Jane. She has tiny little muchkin feet so I had to rip back a little to make them smaller at her graduation party, which just happened to be on Knit in Public Day. I guess that sort of counts as knitting in public. There were certainly several people there who were amazed by the whole sock-knitting process.

click for bigger pictureOooh, the pretty purpleness -- as modeled by Sister#1, who, like her offspring, also has petite munchkin feet with dainty little ankles.
(Who, me? Jealous?)

Leave a Comment 4 comments:

shadowlands said...

Oooh! Love the Graduation socks - so purpley pretty!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you had a good month! i LOVE thse purple trekking socks and i haven't seen that colorway, but now i want it! i am knitting brown trekking soxfor david right now, which will be my new desk accessory.
i hope we get to see more of you over the summer!

Anonymous said...

ps: the girls look adorable AND glamorous!it's so cool to see them in stage makeup and them on the ball field!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? grrr Stoopid bloglines.

Love the pictures - your kids are so cute! (and now I have Rainbow Connection permanently running through my brain...) ;o)

Love the sockage!