<  |  Home  |  >

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
A Book List and a Felting First

Well, I finally upgraded to the new Blogger, and I can see that it has caused some problems with my template. I'll be trying to fix those soon, so don't be surprised if this blog is a little flaky for a while. Also, I think it might be time for a blog design overhaul; it's looking a little cluttered around here.



click for bigger pictureSo what have I been up to lately? Well, I finished these sample socks in Trekking XXL, color 69, for Melissa's upcoming book.

I'll be knitting another pair of socks for her, as soon as the yarn arrives on Monday. It's going to be Webs' new sock yarn, Franklin, which I am excited to try.


Here's something I just made today. It's my very first felted object -- a bowl made out of doubled Manos del Uruguay. It's really thick so it will probably take forever to dry, but I'll post another pic when it's done. I hope it comes out well because I've got a skein of almost-solid red Manos that I think would make a cute bowl, or maybe a little box.



Oh, and hey, check out what's in my personal knitting book library. I just created this list at Library Thing. If you have a list there, leave a link in the comments so I can check out what's in your library.

click for bigger pictureView my complete knitting book library here.

Leave a Comment 6 comments:

MelissaKnits said...

I bet that book is going to be SO great. I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

wow, you've been doing lots of knitting. i made a pair of socks with the same trekking yarn and just sent them to my brother.
looking forward to what you hakve to say about the new knitpicks yarn.

Anonymous said...

Very cool sock - and that bowl is awesome!

You can find my library here:

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=JessaLu

Anonymous said...

PK, where did you get the felted bowl pattern? I love it. Also interrested in the felted box you mentioned....The socks for M's book are beautiful.
ymil

twellve said...

wow, that talkr thing is pretty cool. maybe not the most soothing voice, but i could see using it..especially if you want to keep up on knitting blogs while you knit.

Anonymous said...

check out librarything.com please. You might really like the idea.
kdstasik@hotmail.com