<  |  Home  |  >

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
House of Two Restaurants

Lunchtime has gotten a little more exciting here lately. The girls have been taking turns playing "restaurant". It was Daughter#2's idea. She started by writing out a menu and having us wait in the hallway to be seated.

click for bigger picture[Click on the menu to view a complete list of the Lily Pad's offerings.]

Daughter#2 seated my party (which consisted of Daughter#1 and me) at a nicely set table with a view of the garden. She took our orders quite courteously and efficiently. She prepared all of the food herself (I was ordered to remain seated at the table -- and I was not about to complain). Our food was quite good, except for one small oversight. My peanut butter and banana sandwich had accidentally been made sans banana, so I had to send it back. The waitress took this in stride and quickly remedied the situation, explaining that she had been distracted by trying to make soup at the same time.

click for bigger pictureThe pencil behind the ear was a nice touch.

My dining companion and I both agreed that our lunch was excellent and the service was outstanding. We promised our waitress that we would return again soon, especially after getting our bill and seeing how affordable The Lily Pad is.

What a bargain!

Of course, the next day Daughter#1 wanted to give waitressing a try, so she created her own restaurant.

click for bigger picture[Click on the picture to view the menu offerings at Moo Bear's Restaurant.]

It was another enjoyable lunch. Now if I can just get them to do the dishes...

Leave a Comment 9 comments:

Jana said...

Those two are so cute and intelligent! What a great dining experience! Btw, Lady E is amazing. Definitely an impressive accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

ohmiGod that's the cutest thing EVER.

It seems that the Lily Pad is a bit more ChiChi - since they offer Perrier ;o)

Anonymous said...

anything that leaves you more time for blogging wins an A+ on MY blog!!
and i'll have me some of those razzberries, pleez!

Anonymous said...

I love how they even know that the soups and sides have their own menu sections. Good job raising the next generation of fine dining aficionados!

Anonymous said...

absolutely faaabulous! do they cater yet?

DAWN said...

quite the business women you have. I agree, dishes would be a plus. . . They both are adorable.

MelissaKnits said...

When you're done with them, can you shoot 'em our way?? I could use them tonight, at about 8:45pm. Meg will do the dishes.

Anonymous said...

I had heard first hand about the dining experiences, but the photos and menu certainly helped complete the picture!
Two adorable!!

Tipper said...

Awww... I used to do that! :) I was just thinking about it the other day, actually. That was fun stuff.

I like to see kids interested in cooking!