<  |  Home  |  >

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
Late Flashing

Yeah, I know -- YESTERDAY was Flash Your Stash Day. But I am slow, and perpetually late. It took much longer than I anticipated to unload all my yarn bins and stack all this yarn so it would fit in the picture. I initially tried to do a 360 degree photo, but that was kind of a disaster. Hence the lateness.

Anyhow, I have yarn here that is designated for 16 sweaters, 9 tank tops, 1 shawl, and at least 20 pairs of socks. The rest is random balls to be used for hats, scarves, mittens, stuffed animals, and other miscellaneous projects. Some of this (mostly the left corner) is destashification from someone else, so I really can't be blamed for all of this.

Here is the stash. Click on the picture for a bigger view.

click for bigger picture

I know what you're thinking, "That's not very big." Yeah, that's what I thought. So I just got this load of Cascade on sale from WEBS (thanks Yarn Enabler.)

Oh, and I AM still planning on posting the short-row information. It's just turning into a bigger project than I expected. I'm going to have to break it into smaller pieces. I'm thinking of covering all the various types of short rows, each in the context of short-rowing down and then having one 'long row' to join everything back up (like in a shoulder) and in the context of a miter where you short-row down and then long-row out (like a sock heel).

Now I'm off to reorganize my yarn.

Updated to add: Talking Edna says, "Dahling, your stash is fabulous." Ten points if you can find her in the picture. ;)

Leave a Comment 13 comments:

sgeddes said...

I love your color wheel picture of the cascade!

Persnickety Knitter said...

Thanks, but actually I have to give Melissa credit for that. She took the picture and picked up the yarn for me. What a gal!

sheep#100 said...

Woah! The pinwheel is cool too.

See my stash flash here

Anonymous said...

it's beauteous; i wish i had the time right now to reorganize MY stash; i'm feeling the need after flashing it yesterday . . . to just sit and commune with it. maybe later this week . . .
thanks for your insightful comment about my "trophy yarn"; it was just what i needed to hear! you are SO right.

Anonymous said...

Holy. Sheepshit. I'm going to go hang my head in stasher's shame...

Amanda said...

when I first saw your stash picture I thought to my self "holy shit that's a lot of yarn!" Then you go and say it's not that big....ha...
here are some crochet discloth patterns to keep ya busy! Crochet Pattern Central

MelissaKnits said...

I did not know it was flash your stash day... I was teaching all day anyway.

You have more yarn than me. I pointed this out to Mr Wonderful - he says your house is bigger. But the way I see it, you've got younger kids and they take up a lot of space, so really our houses are about the same size and therefore I need more yarn.

By the way - we de-stashed today. Five bags heading out. When are you coming for your crayons?

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love all your yarn!!! And congrats on being the March winner at the Sock a Month KAL!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. That is... wow. That must've taken a lont time to get 'em to stack up so neatly!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Now I don't feel quite so bad about MY stash. Wow. I have to say it's actually quite nice to find out I'm (only a bit) saner than I thought I was! ;) You have some great stuff, though! Planning a return to WEBS to see the Harlot, by any chance?

Anonymous said...

well, "holy shit" was my reaction, but i wasn't sure if blogland allowed such sentiments... until i read auntie amanda's comment. so, holy shit, pk, you sure got a ton a yarn!

V said...

So nice! This stash flash is SO bad for my budget.....I want that...I want that!

FemiKnitMafia said...

I see Edna there between the Jo Sharp and the Regia. How's that for an eagle eye?
How's the Olympic knitting coming along??