<  |  Home  |  >

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
Bad Unicorn... Bad

Sister#2 finally picked a yarn for her Herringbone Cloche. Isn't it purrrty? I'm happy cuz she chose something that I'm excited to try -- Rowan Felted Tweed in color 151 (Billberry). I've never ordered from Jimmy Bean's Wool before, so we'll see how that goes.

And, of course, I could never just order 2 measly skeins of yarn... what a waste of shipping charges that would be. ;) So I also ordered me some Addi Turbos (whoooooosh, imagine Brenda Dayne's great sound effect here) to use for my Rogue Olympic event -- I need all the help I can get to finish that on time.

I've been making slow progress on my Jaywalker socks. I'm using Plymouth Sockotta, which normally I really like for socks (at least for socks that are all stockinette). However, it does NOT work well with this particular pattern. Sockotta is 45% cotton and thus has less stretch than an all-wool sock yarn, and this pattern NEEDS stretch due to the zigzag type of stitch pattern. It's now pretty hard for me to get these on -- and I made the large size. I may have to donate them to someone with petite little ankles -- Niece#2 maybe?

I'm almost done with the first sock, but I'm bored, bored, bored with this pattern. Not to mention that this purple/brown color combo is kind of barf-tastic -- not sure what I was thinking there. But maybe I'm just sick of socks.

So, to alleviate my boredom I brought out another project from my big ol' Heap of Abandoned Projects - the Forbes Forest Scarf from Scarf Style. I'm making it in Jo Sharp DK Wool, which I like a lot. I've only completed a couple pattern repeats, but I'm enjoying the pattern so far. Not sure about the bobbles though. . . I'm not a bobble sort of person, but I guess they are cute here. Anyway, if this is ever finished it will be for my husband, henceforth referred to as Uncool Guy (so named by Nephew#4.)

Oh, and have you seen this - very amusing. Found via Marnie Talks.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Log Cabin Socks. And, since some people showed an interest, I will be writing up the directions for my anatomically correct sock toes very soon. So stay tuned...

Leave a Comment 5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad - I've had a horrific time with the Jaywalker pattern. One pair was too big (so I shrunk them in the wash) and now this 2nd pair is a struggle to get on. I had no idea that my heel was so deformed before I knit these socks ;o)

The scarf looks v cool!

MelissaKnits said...

How did G get to be Uncool Guy?
SICK of SOCKS? GASSP!!
And I am thinking Niece #2 would love those socks...though MelissaKnits has little ankles also... ;)

Anonymous said...

Just to clear this up, 'Uncool Guy' is 2 yr. old speak for 'Uncle Glenn'.

Signed,

Uncool Guy

Anonymous said...

ok, ms persnickity....what's up with the s&m animals???
y-m-i-l

Anonymous said...

all i know is my head hurts from trying to figure out who was nephew 3 and why my son was nephew 4. you'll be happy to know i finally figured out it out. :) i guess i'm having a slow day but there does seem like there should be an easier way of referring to people.
anyway, happy to see my yarn has been ordered. can't wait to see it.