<  |  Home  |  >

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
Ravelry!

Yay, I finally got my Ravelry invitation!!!

Too bad I will be away this weekend and I won't have any time to enter more of my projects, stash, etc. It's going to be a lot of work since I currently store all my photos on Photobucket (I love the amount of organization it gives you for free). Now I'll have to copy them over to Flickr -- what a drag. A question for those of you with Flickr accounts: Do you pay for the upgrade so you can have more than 3 sets or do you just go with the free version? If so, is it really hard to find stuff once you've uploaded a lot of pictures?

If you're already on Ravelry and you want to be my friend, then look me up. My username is "persnicketyknitr" (boo-hiss to the 16-character username limit, but I'm grateful for the invite, really).

Leave a Comment 10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! I just checked and I'm #4164 in line for my invite (but that's a lot better than it was a month ago!).

Julie said...

I upgraded to the pay version of Flickr when I got into Ravelry as I just found it easier but I think there are plenty of folks who use the free version. Ask around on the message boards and I'm sure you'll get more info than you ever needed. :)

MelissaKnits said...

I have not upgraded, and find it restrictive but am too cheap for my own good. It's a bit of a pain.

DAWN said...

I'm using the free version at the moment but I have gotten more interested in photography and I think I will bite the bullet and spend the extra cash for a bigger account. You can get by with the free version quite well, though.

Veronique said...

I pay for Flickr. I feel that it's only $20 and you get so much space for it! It's totally worth it.
I'll look you up on Ravelry :)

twellve said...

i am too cheap to pay for my Flickr usage. until Ravelry has another way to upload photos, i'm just not bothering for now--all of mine are currently hosted on my blog and i don't feel like re-uploading anything.

if you use the free version, you can only show the last 200 uploaded photos at a time. if you upload more than 200, they don't delete them, but there's no way for you to view them (until/unless you upgrade to Pro).

hth!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :o)

MadMad said...

GASP! I am so jealous. I think they're giving me the cold shoulder... I don't know if I'll ever be in. Maybe it will give me some time to figure out what the heck a photobucket even is, though, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Mother dearest, I am so proud of you!!! I mean, my own mommy a part of RAVELRY!!! (i don't even know what that is) But, congrats anyway, Mommy......
xoxoxo love you......

Love,
Snozberryknitter (daughter #1)

boater said...

Really enjoyed reading your blog
I've still go over 5000 to go before can be part of ravelry
Your finished projects are all great
Knitting gandmother of 2 in UK