<  |  Home  |  >

Monday, November 28, 2005

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
One More Christmas Present Down

Sorry about the quiz yesterday. The link didn't work. Here it is: STUPID TEST

OK, this is only my 3rd posting, but I am already massively annoyed by the way this post editor is replacing my double spaces after a period with single spaces. This is causing me pain. Must...find...a...way...to...fix...it.... Aarrrrrggggghhhhh!

In knitting news, I finished a hat for one of my nephews last night. Here it is, modeled by my lovely daughter.

I think the hat came out pretty well -- overall I'm pleased with it.

Here are the specs:

Pattern: Ribbed Cap, from Vogue Knitting Caps & Hats Two

Yarn: Noro Kureyon, color 163

Needles: US7 (pattern called for 8's but hat was coming out much too large, so had to rip and and redo with 7's)

Notes: Had just enough yarn to make the hat. I was a little worried for a while, but it just made it. I've never used Kureyon before and I really like the color I picked, but I will not rush out to get more -- at least, not for a project in ribbing. The yarn is a little scratchy and rather uneven and it left my left middle finger kind of sore after knitting for a while. I normally hold the yarn in my right hand, but I find that my ribbing is neater (specifically the purl stitch after a knit stitch) and a little faster when I knit continental. However, this was just painful with this yarn because I guess I was squeezing my fingers to get better tension or something. By the end of the project I had a big groove in my middle finger. Oh well, I'm just glad it's done. Ribbing makes me tense.

Leave a Comment 2 comments:

MelissaKnits said...

love the hat. love the kid in the hat. meg thought her the perfect model. i am 7% stupid....and my hands did not love kureyon either, but love the look of it.

also love your blog, lust after it really. cool with the project progress bars.

Anonymous said...

I, too, like the kid in the hat.

- Your anonymous husband