<  |  Home  |  >>

Friday, January 25, 2008

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
Page 161 and Pillows

Don't die of shock, but, yeah, I'm actually posting something.

I just got tagged by Melissa (the famous author) with this book meme. You open a book you're currently reading to page 161, and copy out sentence five. Here are the sentences from some of the books I'm currently reading:

  • "The boys were avenged."
    from Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain (for our homeschool literature class)
  • "Richard calls it 'The Geet.'"
    from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (recommended by a friend)
  • "I realize that I can roll."
    from What is the What by Dave Eggers (an impulse buy at the book store since I really liked his book A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius)

I'm supposed to tag five other people, but I'm no good at that. So consider yourself tagged if you're reading this and you're interested. Let me know in the comments that you responded so I can check out what you're reading.






I've been knitting a lot, but I haven't had much time to post about it. I've taken a lot of pictures lately, so I hope to update my blog soon. In the meantime, here is a picture of one of the things I've been working on.

click for bigger picture

It's the Persian Tiles pillow kit that I got for Christmas (available here). It's knit using Alice Starmore Hebridean 2 Ply on a US3 needle. I'm using Calluna (dark green) as the main color and Red Deer (reddish brown) as the contrast color. It's coming along well, but I think I'm going to run short on yarn. I haven't even reached the halfway point and I'm on the second of the two balls of Red Deer that were provided in the kit. Big bummer.

Leave a Comment 15 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh pretty pillow!

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

HAH! Made-ja post!

MadMad said...

OK - I did almost fall over! Yay! Anyway, bummer on the running short of yarn thing. I hate that - and if it's a kit, you're really not supposed to, are you?

How are you liking e,p, l? I found the whole praying part went on a little long... Well, a lot long, actually. OK. I'm supposed to be in the car...

Shilly Sit Knitter said...

I'm reading "The Book of the Dead" by Patricia Cornwell.

"Thanks. I'll keep my eye on her," Scarpetta replies.

Anonymous said...

Ils petunent a toute heure du jour et de la nuit.
Helene de Champlain Tome II
Nicole Fyfe-Martel

I'm reading a French novel at the moment but since this is an English environment I chose "Jacob Have I Loved" by Katherine Paterson.

Come on over.
Find me in Ravelry under b4knitting

Anonymous said...

I'm reading the book I stole from you, last visit, "Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason".

Set this up.

ymil

neednap said...

Okay. I’ve been tagged. Yes, I know it’s waaaay late but hey, you started it and I qualify (I’ve read this and I’m interested). And I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who cannot simply read one book at a time. However, now I have a compulsive urge to go through ALL my books to see if page 161, sentence 5, just to see what they say. Curse you, Red Baron! Here goes for the ones I’m currently in various stages of reading:

“To her surprise, she lost sight of her in a moment, and found herself walking in at the front-door again.”
Lewis Carroll, Complete Works, Through the Looking-Glass.

“‘Master Regulus told Kreacher to come back,’ he repeated.”
From J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, UK Adult edition; as opposed to

“‘Tottenham Court Road,’ panted Hermione.” From J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, US edition. (I’m reading the British version this time; there are subtle differences that make having both versions worthwhile, besides the fact that I’m an obsessive-compulsive Harry Potter fanatic...)

“I’m not sure of you yet.”
Orson Scott Card, Homecoming: Harmony, The Memory of Earth.

“I informed my visitor I’m perfectly well, and he started to take notes, which made me angry.”
John Marks, Fangland.

And last but not least: “His two small whispy-haired heads looked so ancient that it seemed they might hold dim memories of the birth of the galaxies themselves.”
Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Love the pillow! I haven't done any colorwork myself - too busy with a lace obsession, and I've just been bitten by the sock bug, arrggghh!

Thanks, it's been fun!
neednap, at needweenie@gmail.com

Linda Jordan said...

I have various books about the house that I am reading,as well as audio books in the car and on my i-pod but alas, as I sit here in bed with the lab top, the one room that no book lingers is here. So tagged or not, will have to write up the next time I log into your wonderful page.
Love your socks and glove knits by the way.

Anonymous said...

The thing is, do you count the partial sentence at the top of the page? I said yes.

"Frith is out too of course." from Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

and

"The smells were both earthy and fermented." from Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan

Konrad Useo said...

Much praise to you for the high artistry on your very fine site.
I liked how with a click I could see them larger.
It's great to see someone enjoying themselves to such great results.
Thanks for the look.

Caitlin said...

Hello,

I'm an editor for AllFreeKnitting.com and I absolutely love you blog! We're always searching for new free patterns and designers to feature, so if you're interested, please feel free to contact me for more information. We're also looking for guest bloggers for our yarn blog, StitchandUnwind.com.

Thanks so much,

Caitlin

SEO Expert said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

Radiator Covers UK said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Free Online Games said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

Apparrant Technologies - Best Web and Custom Mobile Application Development Agency in Noida said...

Apparrant is the best Mobile App Development Company and Web Application Development Company in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, NCR, Toronto, Canada, and India. It is leading quality assurance and app testing company in Noida, India.

Newer Post >> < Older Post Home