<  |  Home  |  >

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Listen to this post as an mp3 file (for posts after 3/6/06)
Silly Knitting

So, I recently went to a Rovaniemi Mittens class taught by Susanna Hansson at Webs. I should really be telling you about that (it was fabulous) and showing pictures of the "wristlet" that I started in class. However, it's not finished and my gauge is so super tight (11 sts/inch instead of the recommended 8-9 sts/in) that I think I'm going to rip it and try again. Anyhow, I'll get back to that sometime. But not now, because currently I am obsessed with making this silly thing.

click for bigger picture
How stinking cute is this?

It's the Alligator Scarf from Morehouse Farm, and it's super cute. I'm making it with some Jaeger Baby Merino DK that I got on sale at Webs. It will be for either Niece#4 or Nephew#4 -- the only family members who are still young enough to actually want to wear an alligator scarf.

Morehouse Farm has a lot of other cute animal scarf patterns on their website. I just noticed they now have a dragon scarf. Oooh, I'm tempted.

Leave a Comment 16 comments:

Anonymous said...

way cute. niece #4 and nephew #4 are going to fight over it for sure. :)

MadMad said...

That is very stinkin' cute! Love those eyes, and the ridges on the back!

Jennie said...

It is looking awesome!

Angela said...

I would absolutely wear one of those. Not a hint, don't worry!

MelissaKnits said...

i need a wallygator.

errs said...

I have made the dragon -- and he was fun!

Gigi said...

LOVE it! When it popped up on my browser it took a few seconds to recognize the aligator. Then I burst out laughing. Good thing I was alone (although the cats did give me an odd look). =-D

Look foward to the finished product!

knittin gin said...

That is beyond cute! And the dragon - I wish I had someone to knit them for!

Arctic Knitter said...

Too cute! I have the pattern also, but different color yarn. I hope one of my boys (5 and 7) will be willing to wear it this winter.

Anonymous said...

Cute scarf!!

Mary the Digital Knitter said...

I knitted the alligator scarf last month (we named him Reggie after the Los Angeles escapee alligator). About halfway through with it, I went back to Morehouse Farm and ordered the skunk and dragon scarf kits, as well as a shawl kit. I'm really looking forward to knitting those.

I'm digitalknitter on Ravelry; you can see a photo of Reggie in my projects.

J9 said...

My aunt made the alligator scarf as a Christmas gift for her five-year-old grand nephew.
I of course was enamored by it...so she made me one; a bit longer, in pink!
I think it’s the best scarf ever, and I’m 32!!!!

Anonymous said...

now if you put a hand knitted eyeball in the socket it would set i right off. I found the pattern on the net and my scarf if great.

Claudia Soares said...

Hello, I live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.
Ja tried to buy the kit but alligator
failed. You have to teach me to do?
my email
clau_virginia@hotmail.com

I'm using the Google translator

Anonymous said...

He-hey!! You're pretty good at knitting! I like that illusion one, I was like, yooo there's a skull in there xD

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Magnificent your alligator scarf, could you help me, and send me the PDF explanations of the model by mail in: petitmag@hotmail.fr, because I cannot buy and download it of the site, it doesn’t work because i have not credit card, it would be super kind of your part.
long time i want to do this, so nice, if you want i can do an exchange of pattern with you?
thank you in advance.
Marry
sorry for my english